Tides of Battle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Information
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:25 am
Census
Brotherhood of Light: 1
Witches/Wizards: 0
Necromancers: 0
Vampires: 1
Humans: 1
Lycans: 0
Fae: 0
Males: 0
Females: 3
Cbox
Latest topics
» Age of Intrigue: 17th Century London
Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:24 am

» Knight and Day
Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeby Adella Quinn Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:55 pm

» Burning Wild [IF] (LB)
Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeby Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm

» What You've Become (Jcink LB)
Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm

» La Dolce Vita
Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeby Katerina Tepes Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:49 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates

Knight and Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 pm

It was quiet, as if the village was deserted but that was not the case a group of villagers stood outside the old remains of broken home staring at it with wide eyes as if waiting for something...anything to happen. Time seemed to have stood still, until finally there was a sound, a roar of anger and in a blink of the eye the roof of the old house exploded and a massive form flew into the air. A woman hovered above the form of the Lycan. Her sword split apart into a whip like form and wrapped around the Lycan's throat. Twisting her form in the air she pulled the Lycan over her shoulder and sent it crashing to muddy path below. The Brotherhood knight flipped effortlessly in the air and landed with a soft thud.

The Lycan whimpered on the ground, blood pouring from the wound around his neck where her sword whip had wrapped around it's neck. Swinging the sword around it reverted back to it's natural form with a snap. The Lycan tried to move away from her but couldn't move without pain shooting through it's body. "May God have mercy on your soul." she whispered softly sliding one of the silver daggers from her belt and hurling it at the Lycan's heart. The blade embedded itself deep in the lycan's chest burning the flesh and killing the beast instantly. She was a knight for the brotherhood and though she detested the warriors of the Dark Lords she was not a cruel woman. She would never prolong the death of any creature.

The Lycan's body slumped as death took hold of it reverting back to its human form. Katerina traced a cross along her body and kissed her fingers saying a silent prayer for the beast before sheathing her sword with a click. The villagers cheered loudly and circles around the dead body of the lycan to give their own punishment for it's torment it caused to them. Katerina shook her head sadly at them and gathered the reigns of her horse and tilted her head at the village leader who waved at her as she left. She never accepted payment for village she saved, she left before they could say or do anything. It was better that way, too many questions too many compliments put her in a bad mood. Rubbing her hand over the horses neck she walked out of the village and down the path leading back to the human kingdom. "Come on girl...let's head home."

Last edited by Katerina Tepes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://tidesofbattle.board-directory.net
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Adella watched from the window of her home, watching this strange woman fight the monster. She had wanted to go outside but her mother didn’t trust her to keep a safe distance, so she had been forced to stay inside. She hadn’t ever seen someone from the brotherhood before, not that she remembered anyway, maybe when she was younger but it was now that was important. Her mother kept telling her to get away from the window but that instruction Adella did not follow and eventually her mother gave up and let her daughter be. She wasn’t afraid of the fight, not at all, she was simply intrigued and wanted to watch the woman kill the monster. She was so beautiful….and so strong, she never knew women could fight like that and slay monsters, but she did it. The beast died, just like that…just gone. That didn’t seem so hard…why couldn’t people in her village kill the lycans like that? It didn’t seem too difficult, and she was a woman. “Mama…she killed it” She murmured and her mother came up behind her to look, sighing in relief “Merciful heavens. Good riddance to the beast. Hopefully they will burn the body quickly” She said then looked down at her daughter, disturbed to see Adella watching ever so calmly like she always did. Death never seemed to frighten her, the odd child that she was. Feeling impatient by this behavior she grabbed Adella’s shoulders and shooed her to the door “Go get some water from the well. Avoid all that mess over there. Don’t go near it” She said firmly.

Adella frowned and glanced back at her before going outside, picking up the pail near the door and looked over to the villagers, watching the woman leave. Her mother told her not to go near the dead body and the villagers…she had not told her to stay away from the woman and the woman was not near them anymore so that meant she could go near her, correct? She glanced back at her house then to the woman as she left with her horse…and made her decision in an instant. Still holding onto her empty pail she quickly shuffled away from the house, then started running across the dirt to catch up with her. As she caught up with them she slowed down ”How did you kill the monster?” She suddenly asked out of no where.
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Katerina's fingers gentle held onto the loose reigns of Midna, her steed as she gazed at the old map in her hands. The ends were frayed and weathered after numerous uses. Her lips moved silently while she read over the names of the surrounding villages. No doubt there would be trouble along the way to Central Kingdom. As a Knight of the Brotherhood one didn't really have vacations. Fredrick was probably having a heart attack from her not checking in with him. It had been at least three months since she had been in contact with the retired Knight. Perhaps she should bring him something when she visited him. Maybe it would save her a scolding and lecture that he always seemed to have waiting for her.

Fredrick was her adopted father, after he had found her as a child staring off at the graves of her family and fellow villagers it was he who had brought her back to the brotherhood and it was also he who trained her to be a knight. He was the only family she had left in this world. She would do anything for him, even fight the Dark Lords herself if need be.

Just as she had ventured pretty far from the village she heard the echoing of footsteps. They were too light to be Lycan and it was too bright for vampires which meant it was probably a villager. Pulling Midna to a stop she looked over her shoulder and tilted her head slightly to the side. She hadn't seen this villager when she was there. Perhaps she was one of the ones hidden in their homes. Her question didn't phase her at all, she was asked this on a number of occasions. "I have trained since I was ten on how to kill the Dark Lords minions. Lycan's are easy, silver kills them almost instantly." She placed her hands on the hilt of her sword and looked the girl over. Something was off about her, what it was exactly she couldn't place her finger on but it was there. "You should return home, the forest isn't safe for you." she tipped her head towards her and continued on her path away from the little village.

Last edited by Katerina Tepes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:03 pm

When Katerina stopped Adella did as well, standing there calmly and watched her, fiddling with the pail she held. Most people didn’t bother to answer her when she spoke, and by most people of course she meant all the people in the village because those were the only people she had ever met before. She had been asking questions all her life and when she was younger people would answer them, but now they just ignored her or told her to go home. She liked that Katerina actually answered her….but then she was new to the village and had never been bothered by her before like everyone else. “I’ve never seen anyone kill a kycan before. Men try, but they get eaten…my father got eaten. And my brothers. You’re a woman and you didn’t get eaten” She looked at her sword and stepped forward as she eyed it “I’ve never seen a sword before. Can I touch it?” Her eyes moved back up to Katerina’s face curiously.

She shrugged and frowned “The village isn’t safe either” Because it wasn’t. Lycans went into it just like now and killed people, what made the forest any more dangerous? It was just a forest after all, she had gone into the forest before and never saw a lycan and all she had to do was walk around her village and she could get attacked. She continued to follow her “What is your name? My name is Adella”
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 12:33 am

The girl asked her another question causing the knight to stop and turn again. "I am trained to kill lycan's as well as vampires and necromancers. Normal humans do not have the means nor the ability to take on a lycan." She found it odd that the girl showed no fear in mentioning lycan's. It came out of her mouth as if it were a normal everyday thing. Many who spoke of them trembled in fear at the very mention of them but this girl just stood there. Looking down at the hilt of her sword she thought for a moment on whether or not to let the girl touch it. It's not like it would hurt her and maybe it will satisfy her curiosity and she would go home. Grabbing the hilt she unsheathed the silver blade and balanced the blade on her arm to allow the girl to touch it. Tiny runic symbols were carved along the blade, on one side they glistened a light blue color and on the other a brilliant red.

Katerina could use light and shadow magic though she preferred the shadow magic. It felt better to use in her opinion. After the girl got her fill Katerina swung the sword around in her hand and slid it back into it's sheath. "No I suppose it isn't. But I have given your Village leader some supplies that will aid against the defense of the village. They wont come for a while I took out one of their generals. So you will be safe." That was a lie, no one was ever really safe and wouldn't be safe until the Lords of Shadow were destroyed. But until that time she and the other Knights of the order will travel around the countryside to help those who needed it.

Tipping her head she continued on her way thinking the girl's curiosity would be stated and she would return home where she belonged. This forest was teeming with all sorts of unnatural creatures. Midna huffed softly beside her and nudged her shoulder gently as they walked. The girls voice rang out again and Katerina stiffened. Turning again she crossed her arms and leaned on her hip. "Just how long are you intending to follow me?" she looked down at the pail in her hand and nodded towards it, "Did you mother tell you to fetch water? Instead you are following me, come I will take you back." Tugging the reigns she gently grabbed the girls arm and began to back track to village. It was getting late so she would have to find shelter for the night. She had hoped to leave the village behind and make it to the outlying village of the human kingdom but instead she would end up staying here. Just wonderful.

Last edited by Katerina Tepes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 am

Her head tilted far off to the side “What’s a necro…mencer?” She hadn’t heard of such a thing before, but she had heard of vampires but she didn’t think her village had ever been attacked by them before. Maybe they had. No one told her anything, how could they if they never spoke to her? Her own mother barely spoke to her “If they can’t fight a lycan why do they try?” Her father and brother’s had apparently tried. Her mother was sad when she spoke about them but Adella had never met them, she felt nothing for people she had never met whether they had been family or not. She had always wanted to see a lycan up close but had never gotten the opportunity. They had never given her a reason to fear them, so why should she? When she unsheathed the sword her eyes lit up and she walked forward eagerly without having to be told.

She traced her hand over the blade, even being brave enough to run her fingertips over the sharp sides, though she was careful to not put too much pressure and cut herself. She had cut herself hundreds of times as a child before the concept seemed to permanently etch itself into her mind that sharp objects hurt you if you were not careful. When she put the sword away she pouted, she had wanted to pick it up and maybe swing it around but apparently she wouldn’t be allowed to do that. Oh well. “But they’ll still come” Lots of people thought she was dumb, and maybe she was, in a book smart sort of way. But she picked up on little details with her mind, for it was hardly truly slow. The woman had said the lycans would stop coming for a while, which meant they would still come back eventually and start killing again.

She looked confused by her question “I don’t know” How was she to know how long she would follow her? Seemed like a silly question in her opinion. She then made a face “My mother always makes me do chores…” She sighed then pouted when Katerina took her arm and started leading her back “But I don’t want to go back!” She whined
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 am

"NecroMANcer...not mencer." Though if the Necromancer did get close enough he could make mence meat out of you so they could technically be called a necromencer. Shaking her head she tried to rid herself of such foolishness. what was wrong with this girl? Didn't the villagers inform her of the world outside? What dangers there were and what to do in the case of one? She was far too innocent for her liking, she was something that could be broken easily. She didn't like that.

As they walked she kept a firm grip on her arm but not enough to hurt her but enough to let her know that she wasn't going anywhere. She wasn't the first villager to follow her but definitely the only one that had stuck around. The others would run off as soon as she turned to look at them. Cowards. But many were in these dark times. "They do it to protect their families. I'm sure your father and brothers did it to save your mother and yourself. It is not wise to fight creatures that you have no way of defeating but humans are strange creatures. We do things we know we shouldn't in hopes of saving the ones we love."

The Knights eyes darkened for a moment as she recalled an event in her childhood that lead her to the Order's influence and the price she paid to get there. She had done a great many things in her time as a knight. Things that sometimes weren't the most godly but were needed to achieve victory. The village gate came into view again and Katerina tugged the girl faster, a single brown raised at her whining. Why wouldn't she want to return to her village? To her mother?

The villagers stared at her when she returned fear spiking in their eyes for a moment before hardening at the sight of Adella. She asked one of the villagers which house was Adella and they pointed to it but not before giving Adella a cold glare. This did not go unnoticed by Katerina but she said nothing. Tying Midna at the post outside the house Katerina knocked on the door and waited till it opened. Giving a small bow she gently pushed Adella forward, "I believe this belongs to you."

Last edited by Katerina Tepes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 am

Even though she didn’t like Katerina dragging her back, she was unfortunately used to it. “But you fight them. And you haven’t died. Are you protecting your loved ones?” She was human…unless she wasn’t human, but what else would she be if she killed the monsters? So why did some people know how to kill the monsters and others didn’t? Why did they bother and just let the brotherhood handle it? She didn’t get it. She pouted all the way back to her home, noticing the glare she got as well. People were sick of her wandering off, they only saved her because they felt it would be wrong to let her be killed by a lycan, but not because they cared. As they came to her door and Katerina knocked Adella sighed and looked down at her empty pail “No one wants me here” She whispered before the door opened and her mother looked between them in surprise.

Her mother huffed when she saw her daughter, grabbing her and pulling her inside “What have I told you about leaving the village!” Her mother snapped, her voice shrill “You never listen Adella!”. Adella frowned and ducked her head “I’m sorry mama…” She muttered but her mother shook her head “You didn’t even get the water like I asked! Now how will I make supper?” Adella looked up and opened her mouth to say something but her mother but a hand up “Go to your room child. Now”. The girl pouted again, glancing to Katerina before walking away. Her mother turned to the knight and frowned “I’m sorry if she caused any trouble. She means no harm”
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Katerina didn't answer Adella's question, for she had no loved ones. No she protects strangers, humans, women and children but never loved ones. She was a killer, no matter what term you use, she was a killer. Women like Adella should stay far away from her. For her own good and safety. Katerina gave her a sideways glance at her comment, she was starting to get that feeling. People were staring, giving the poor girl cold glances and cruel stares. She had never been in a village that basically shunned one of their own. Katerina had seen village whores treated better than this girl at her side.

The woman opened the door and stared at her with wide eyes obviously she wasn't expecting to see her bringing her daughter back. The knights brows furrowed slightly, how dare she talk to her child in such a way. Of course it was her daughter but there you shouldn't scold them so harshly. The poor girl. Katerina reached over and took the pale from Adella offering her a small smile. "No she is curious but no trouble. I am looking for a place to stay for the night. If it is no trouble would you mind sparing a bed?" She lifted the pail slightly, "I'll even fetch the water." turning she headed over to the well located in the middle of the village. The villagers already had a roaring fire started near the lake where they sat cheering over the dead body of the lycan.

Humans were such strange creatures. A little boy wandered up to her as she pulled the rope to bring up the water bucket. "She's cursed you know." Katerina looked down at the boy who stared up at her with big brown eyes. Setting the bucket on the side of the well she knelt down in front of him and tilted her head slightly, "What do you mean?" she asked softly. The boy fiddled with his toy sword and rubbed his nose with the back of his hand, "She was born dead...but came back. There's a darkness in here...she's stupid...and slow. We don't want her here...can you take her?"

Katerina simply stared at the boy confused as to why such a young child would speak so harshly about one of it's own. But even she had seen that there was something wrong with the girl. But Katerina didn't see any darkness, curiosity yes, but no darkness. Gathering the pail she patted the boy on the head and walked back to Adella's home and handed her mother the bucket of water. "Here you are."

Last edited by Katerina Tepes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Her mother looked even more surprised that Katerina wished to stay with them after having spent some time with Adella following her, but who in their right mind would deny the brotherhood? “Of course you may, of course” She said, nodding quickly “You helped our village. I would be more than honored to have you stay with us” She frowned however when she offered to get the water, not wanting to make a guest go do chores but before she could argue Katerina was gone. She went back into the house and called Adella, telling her to fix up her room for Katerina to stay there for the night. Adella nodded and did as she was told before coming out into the kitchen to help her mother make supper, for now they would be having another mouth to feed. Adella however was excited about Katerina staying with them and when the knight returned, she was currently driving her mother crazy.

“And she let me touch her sword! And she told me about nercomencer’s! And-“ Adella and her mother both stopped and turned when Katerina came in. “Thank you” Her mother said, taking the pail. Adella watched Katerina steadily before her mother shot her a look and motioned to a loaf of bread on the table “Cut the bread” She told her. Adella sighed and went over, picking up a small knife and started to cut with a bored expression on her face. It only took three seconds however for her to start to get sidetracked, poking the bread with the knife and flicking little pieces off. “Please, sit” her mother offered to Katerina before she looked to Adella and sighed heavily, going over and gently smacking her hand “Stop” She said, obviously distressed to have Adella acting up around Katerina “Just cut”
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm

"You have my thanks." She knew the village was poor and did not wish to burden the single mother any more than she had too, Katerina only needed a bed to rest for the night. Not that she would sleep, she rarely slept. For her dreams were plagued with images of her past, of fire and death. She rested enough to keep her energy up and no more. Tonight would be no different, she would keep an eye on the village as well. She had ordered the village leader to pour quick silver over the wooden gates protecting them from the forest, the Lycan's would have to climb the gates to get into the village and one touch of the silver would burn their flesh. It would protect them until the Lycan's wore the silver out.

Katerina let the boys words tumble over her mind. Adella seemed like a very sweet girl, a little off but otherwise sweet. "NecroMANcer's Adella...mancers..." she corrected once again slipping off her jacket and setting it on one of the wooden pegs on the wall. Under her jacket she wore a white and red shirt with a corset tied tightly around her middle. The fabric of the shirt poofed out over her arms and chest giving it an almost poetic appearance. Her boots came high up her thighs covering the black pants that covered her legs. She kept her sword at her side, for she had a feeling that if she took it off Adella would be drawn to it like a mouth to a flame. Nodding her head she took a seat at the small table and looked at Adella. "Listen to your mother Adella, please." she said firmly her eyes locking with the young woman's.

It had to be hard being a single mother of a child that no one in the village liked. She felt pity for the woman but she felt it more for Adella. She obviously had no friends, even the little boy in the village said that she was cursed. Katerina had seen her fair share of curses and Adella wasn't cursed, slow yes but not cursed.

Last edited by Katerina Tepes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:21 pm

When Adella’s mother gave her instruction she pouted and just poked another hole in the bread, not defiantly, she just did it because she really wanted to and didn’t want to cut the bread. But when Katerina told her to listen to her mother she seemed to stand to attention, glancing to the woman and nodding quietly before she began cutting the bread normally again. Her mother looked surprised, pleasantly surprised, and glanced to Katerina herself before stepping away from Adella and letting her continue her task. Her mother turned back to the stew she was making, pouring the water in and waited for Adella to be done with the bread before asking another task of her “Adella, go get me three eggs” She told her.

Adella pouted again about yet another chore, but she looked to Katerina and smiled “Come with me! I can show you my favorite chicken!” She said enthusiastically, offering her hand. Her mother quickly frowned and shook her head “She is our guest, she is not meant to do mundane tasks” She chided “You can go do it by yourself”. Adella looked to her mother with disappointment “But I want to show her Flower!”. Her mother rubbed at her head tiredly “Adella, please, just listen to me…”
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 am

Adella and her mother obviously didn't see eye to eye. In a way, Adella reminded her of a fairy, only able to hold one emotion at one time, single minded and innocent. Yes, Adella was a fairy in Katerina's mind, a fairy that deserved a better life than what she had here. Perhaps she could take her to Fredrick, he lived in Central Kingdom as part of the Kings guard. He had been wanting someone to spend time with and Adella wasn't wanted here. Even her mother seemed to dislike the girl. How anyone could dislike their own child was a mystery to the knight. Children were a blessing even if they were different. Later, when Adella was sleeping she would ask her mother if she could take the girl. Katerina feared for the girls safety now that the little boy's words stuck in her mind. In these times humans didn't trust anything they couldn't understand, that included their own people. Adella's life could be in danger and if Katerina left knowing what she knew and something happened to the girl she would never be able to live with herself.

Katerina turned to Adella when she asked her to come with her to see her favorite chicken. Katerina had never known people to have favorite chickens. Cows, horses, even pigs but never chickens. Katerina herself wasn't a big fan of the loud feathery creatures. They always seemed to chase her around for some reason. "It is no problem." the Knight said with a small smile, standing she motioned for Adella to lead the way. It would give her mother a few moments to herself to collect her thoughts. Bowing her head to the older woman she followed Adella out of the house and towards the chicken coops. A few villagers watch them warily, whispering behind their hands. The village leader, an older gentleman that was blind in one eye walked up to her and bowed slightly. "My lady knight, I thought you had left." the elder looked at Adella with a harsh glare before turning back to Katerina, "I hope the girl isn't bothering you. If you are in need of a place to stay my home is always available."

Katerina motioned for Adella to go get the eggs and looked at the nosy villagers looking at them from the windows of their homes, some were at the well gathering water and others were just standing waiting to hear what would be said. "Adella is no problem." The village leader nodded his head and tightened his grip on his walking stick. "I am staying with Adella and her mother for the evening. Tomorrow at dawn I will be on my way." The Elder's eyes shifted from Katerina to the old house she was referring to. "She is a troubled girl, My Lady Knight. We allow the girl and her mother to stay because of her father. He was a great man and a good friend. But she is only becoming more and more strange. I fear that she will bring her curse upon the rest of us." Katerina's lip twitched slightly, the grip on the hilt of her sword tightened making her leather gloves create a cracking like sound. How dare this old man talk about the girl as if she were nothing more than a stain on his clothing.

Stepping forward she leaned close to the man's face, her dark eyes glaring into his, "Only the weak and foolish fear what they do not understand." she whispered darkly through her clenched teeth. The Leader gasped slightly and took a step back from Katerina who turned away from him slowly and made her way into the chicken coop with Adella slamming the wooden door closed. "Which ones of these is flower?" she asked looking at the tiny demons clucking around her boots.
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 1:50 am

Her mother was once again surprised by Katerina’s actions, especially to go off with Adella after she had come to her home for the sole purpose of returning her. Adella however was delighted to have Katerina agree to come with her, no one ever wanted to spend time with her so she would take every second that she could until Katerina decided to avoid her like the plague like everyone else in the village did. She grabbed Katerina’s hand and held it like a giddy child as she left the home and walked with her to the chicken coop. Adella was oblivious to the looks and whispers, she never really noticed it unless it was placed right in front of her…like the village leader. When he stopped them and glared, well, Adella noticed that one and lowered her gaze with a frown. “I’m not bothering her…” Adella whispered, wanting to defend herself, even if she didn’t do it very well.

She didn’t seem to have an issue listening to Katerina, because she just nodded and walked away obediently when Katerina motioned for her to go on ahead to the coop. If it had been her mother she would have thrown a hissy fit, but Katerina? She seemed to like to listen to her. She went inside the chicken coop and just sat on the ground with the chickens. They were her friends. They didn’t judge her or make fun of her, they liked her. She spent much time with the chickens, just sitting and talking with them…which just made people find her to even be more strange. She jumped when the door slammed and she looked up at her with wide eyes “I made you angry” She immediately said. She sensed Katerina was angry, she was sensitive in that regard, and she could only think it was her fault. It was always her fault. She got up though none the less and walked over, picking up a brown chicken that looked like all the other chickens, but Adella knew who was who “This is Flower.” She said, holding the chicken gently and petted it’s back “She likes it when I sing to her. She was born with a crooked foot, they were going to kill her but I hid her in my room and brought her back when it was safe. She lays the best eggs…now no one kills her” She spoke looking down at the chicken but then she looked at Katerina "If I was a chicken, they would have killed me when I was born"
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 pm

It was men like the village leader that made Katerina lose her faith in humanity. She understood that they lived in dark times but kindness went a long way. Especially to those who deserved it most. Katerina shook her head and stepped around the fluffy chicken, "No you haven't made me angry. Your village leader has." she wrinkled her nose at the little chicken that rubbed against her leg. Chickens...evil little creatures.

Adella brought over the chicken who had the odd name of "Flower". "Hello Flower. It's nice to meet you." She gently rubbed the chicken's feathers with her fingers and flinched when one of the chickens pecked at her boots. The woman could face hordes of vampires, of lycans and demons...but chickens...not so much. In her opinion they needed to be eaten not played with. But these were Adella's friends so she would not kick it across the village.

"But you're not a chicken Adella, you are a person." she touched her shoulder softly and smiled, "Come, let's get the eggs and head back." she gazed out the little window of the chicken coop and watched as the sun set over the horizon and deep howl of the lycan's echoed in the forest. She would patrol the boarder of the village before she settled in for the night just to be sure they were safe.
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Her brows rose “He made you angry?” He was the village leader….no one disliked him or blamed him for anything…. at least to her knowledge. What could he have done to make her angry? It made her very, very curious. She giggled at Katerina’s dislike of the chickens, she would see it plain as day with the way she was behaving. She didn’t take it personal, no one besides her seemed to like the chickens the way she did. She smiled though when she petted her and appreciated that she seemed to be trying even though it was obvious she didn’t like them. “Flower likes you” She commented warmly before putting her back down on the floor with the others.

“No one likes me here” She didn’t say it with any sadness, just a neutral truth that she was simply aware of. She nodded and collected three eggs like her mother asked, holding them carefully in her arms before turning back to Katerina and the door. “My mama says you are part of the brotherhood…do you think I’m cursed?” She asked inquisitively “I would feel terrible if I was cursed, but it’s alright….I just don’t want to curse anybody else. Maybe you have to kill me, like the lycan. Then I cannot harm anyone”
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:29 am

Katerina didn't reply to her question. Yes, the elder had made her angry, because he was an old fool and the villagers were cold heartless morons. People couldn't help the way they were born. So Adella wasn't a quick learner and acted differently, that gave them no reason to treat her as a monster. Another chicken pecked her boot and clucked at her feet. Chickens were demons in disguise. No matter what anyone said, Katerina would always believe it. The knight offered Adella a small smile and continued to pet Flower gently, "That's good because it would be a same for her not to like me."

They made their way out of the chicken coop, much to the knights delight, and back into the cool fresh air of the village. A couple of children stopped playing to watch them curiously. What an annoying bunch of people, didn't anyone know the meaning of the world privacy. Katerina's dark eyes turned to Adella as she spoke. She said it so matter-of-factly, as if there true. Which it was, but she held no sadness in her tone. She walked quietly beside the young girl pondering what these villagers could have done to her to make her so...nonchalant about it. Katerina turned and placed her hands gently on the girls shoulders, "Now you listen to me Adella, I have traveled all over this land and I have fought terrible evils. I have seen curses and what they do and you are not cursed. The village might be cursed with fools and superstitious bastards but you my dear are not cursed. And don't ever say that you should be killed. There is nothing wrong with you. Nothing, you're simply different and that is not a bad thing." she gently tilted the girls face up to look at her and smiled, "No one is going to hurt you I promise."

It was decided, even if she had to fight the girls mother, Adella was going to leave with her. These villagers were likely to kill her if she stayed. Idiots. Now she secretly wished she had never given the Elder the quick silver, these people should get attacked for how the treat one of their own.
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm

She walked carefully so she wouldn’t drop the eggs, for she knew her mother would be very cross if she did. She stopped when Katerina did and turned to look at her, blinking as she began to speak. She didn’t think she was cursed? Well, then maybe the villagers were wrong…if a Knight from the Brotherhood didn’t think she was cursed, then everyone must be wrong….but how could everyone be wrong? Even her own mother. So she was just different….but then why did everyone act like she was so wrong? She didn’t get it, but she trusted her and her opinion, she felt it deep in her bones to trust her. She smiled to her in return and moved forward, leaning against her in a makeshift hug. She almost opened her arms, but she remembered the eggs and made sure to keep her arms crossed “I’ll miss you when you leave” She murmured softly before moving back, giving her another smile then turned to continue towards her house.

When they returned to her home she gave her mother the eggs, who thanked her and instructed her to set the table. Adella sighed but she grabbed the few chipped, old bowls they had along with their wooden utensils and chipped cups and put them on the table as nicely as possible for the three of them. Her mother finished up the stew she was making before bringing it to the table and put it in the middle then motioned for Katerina to sit “Please, sit. Eat as much as you need” Adella came and sat as well, looking to her mother as she sat as well “She doesn’t think I’m cursed mama” She said, as if breaking the good news to her mother. She looked to Adella and blinked, then glanced to Katerina before swallowing and staying quiet as she used her ladle to scoop out the stew and pour it in their bowls “Where will you travel next?” Her mother asked to try and redirect the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 am

This poor girl, sometimes Katerina wished that she could kill humans like she did the Lords of Shadows minions. Humans could be just as evil as Lycan's and vampires. How could anyone treat someone as sweet as Adella be treated like a piece of dirt. It made her sick. Her faith in humanity linged on a small shread of hope but if anything happened to Adella...let's just say it wouldn't end well for the village.

The walked back into the house and the Knights eyes fell upon her mother. How could Adella's own mother think she was cursed? Weren't women suppose to have a bond with their children? Sitting down she kept a curious eye on Adella's mother while they interacted with each other. She was so...detatched. It was as if the only reason she put up with Adella was because it was her child but that she really didn't want her. When Adella spoke Katerina turned her head to watch how the mother would react to the news but she just...shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

"Adella just spoke, I think it would be best to answer her." the knight said stirring the contents of her bowl. She didn't want to know what was in the stew but it was food and she needed something in her stomach. Bringing the spoon to her mouth she ate the stew with no emotion on her face. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly cuisine. But it would do. Sitting back she sipped on her drink and kept her eyes on the mother a stern look upon her face. "I am on my way to Central Kingdom...and I wish to take Adella with me." Well, that progressed quickly. Perhaps it was that she was annoyed by Adella's village and mother that she spoke so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Her mother looked at Katerina, shocked that she spoke to her that way. She seemed a bit at a loss what to do, she didn’t feel that she had any right to speak her mind against a distinguished member of the Brotherhood but she also didn’t like a stranger telling her what to do with her own child. She simply blinked at the other woman before deciding just to ignore her just as she ignored Adella and went back to pouring the stew in their bowls quietly as if that awakrd moment hadn’t just transpired. And then there was poor Adella, completely oblivious that anything at the moment was happening because she was too busy ripping her bread into slices, and then ripping those slices in half until she had a pile of uneven little bread cubes. It was how she liked to eat her bread, she had always done so and grew upset if anyone tried to stop her.

Her mother sat down once the stew was properly given and began to eat, nodding when Katerina began to speak…then her face whipped up to stare at her “What?” She gasped, completely taken aback. Adella stopped ripping up her bread and stared at Katerina as well, both mother and daughter frozen with shock before Adella quickly stood and looked to her mother “Mama, I want to go” She said urgently and stepped towards her mother who was still sitting and staring at Katerina horrified “Mama, I want to go. I want to go mama. I want to go, mama I want to go, I want to go with-“ Her words were in a rush and it just pulled at her mother’s nerves. “ADELLA!” She snapped, looking to her daughter who immediately shirked back. She then took in a breath, trying to compose herself and sat back in her chair “Go to your room” She instructed her child roughly. Adella pouted and stomped her foot but turned and quickly went to her room. Her mother then turned to Katerina and shook her head at her in shock “How can you come into my home and say you want to take my child? She is all I have and she is ill. She is hardly suited for the dangerous and rough path a knight lives”
Back to top Go down
Katerina Tepes
Admin
Katerina Tepes

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:53 am

Of course, Katerina knew what she asked was far beyond ridiculous but if Adella stayed in the village eventually these morons were going to kill her. That and she didn't trust Adella's mother. She didn't like the fact that Adella's mother chose to ignore her. The Knight fiddled with the silver cross that hung down to her cleavage and watched as Adella toyed with her food. She wasn't happy here, anyone with eyes could see she wasn't happy here. Why these people didn't just go to Central Kingdom was beyond her. The supplies she gave the Village Leader would only last for so long and by the time she returned the village will probably be gone and the rotting corpses of the foolish people would be laying on the ground for the crows to eat.

"I'm taking Adella with me when I leave." she said firmly finishing her meal and pushing the bowl away gently with the back of her hand. Katerina wouldn't take no for an answer she could easily kill everyone in this village if she needed too to get the girl out though she had a feeling that she could easily leave with her and they would through a damn party. Katerina watched as Adella was ordered upstairs and waited till she heard the door close before turning her attention back on Adella's mother. Sipping her drink she waited for the woman to finally grasp what the Knight had said. "Because she deserves to be somewhere where she's safe. A little boy in the village just asked if I could kill her for them. And even Adella believes that she should die because everyone think's she's cursed and the worst part about it is that you, her mother, wouldn't even acknowledge what she said to you about not being cursed." Katerina stood up from the table bracing her hands firmly on the old wood. "And then you even had the nerve to ignore what I said to you. She's not ill, she's very bright and very smart." Looking up at roof to where she could hear Adella marching she looked back at the mother and narrowed her eyes. "You treat her as if she's not worth your time. So yes, I am going to take her because she deserves better than this.
Back to top Go down
Adella Quinn

Adella Quinn

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Her mother frowned, looking down and stared at the table at Katerina spoke. Not knowing what else to do with herself as she tried to process this she got up and started picking up the bowls and cups “You cannot take her. It isn’t in your right too. She’s mine and she is perfectly safe her. Lived here her whole life, this is her home and she belongs here” She turned and put the bowls and cups in the washboard she had before turning back to Katerina and crossed her arms defensively. “You know nothing of that child. Nothing about her. I carried her inside me, I know her.” She may have thought her daughter was cursed and didn’t treat her as she needed, but still Adella was her baby, her only child left and only family left. She couldn’t just let some stranger take her away like this.

“She is far too weak and far too ill to travel with you. She will die in a matter of minutes! And yes, she is ill. She is, she does not act like a normal child should so she is ill and you cannot just take her away and expect to care for her properly” Her voice was getting shrill with emotion “You will not take her, I will not allow you too. She is my child and mine to concern over. I am her mother and she is going to stay with me where she belongs”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knight and Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight and Day   Knight and Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knight and Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tides of Battle :: The Land Of the Lycans :: The Besieged Village-
Jump to: